It’s more important than ever to embrace the huge industry shift which is happening:
I don’t mean embrace the fact OTA’s are pushing instant booking, guest services, reduced communication and giving us less control… I mean embrace the fact it’s changing.
They are important and will be important for a long time. However, the change presents new opportunities, ones we must adapt to.
- Accept direct bookings
- Explain the benefits of booking direct
- Offer cheaper accommodation (no service fees)
- Make the booking process seamless
- Promote trust, through platforms like AVROA.org
- Be awesome at re-engaging & re-marketing to previous guests
- Be personal, you’re not a faceless listing website