ALIVE AGAIN! But different and coming soon!
It was with much regret that a few years ago we decided to retire the Smarthosts community and weekly newsletter, which was originally started by Rentivo. The original experiment grew into a truly objective community for vacation rental news and had a staggering 263,000 link clicks/article opens and over 17,000 subscribers.
The world has moved on phenomenally with hundreds of tech companies, millions of properties, powerhouse OTAs and supermanagers, but the old issues still remain and to a great degree have become more challenging! Guests are new to the sector and want hotel-level service, there are challenges by communities, and regional and national bodies on legislation, licensing and registration. This is just the tip of the iceberg as the industry strains to professionalise at scale.
There are however great companies and hosts who go the extra mile and understand hospitality. With so many professionals in the space who also use rental accommodation regularly, they are well placed to judge where they stay: quality of accommodation, cleanliness, comfort factor, amenities, communication, value for money etc. Smarthosts will adopt a new mantle for the professionals to promote those hosts and managers who go that extra mile!
It’s an exciting prospect where the general public can see where we recommend and stay and can book them directly, saving money and
Check back soon for more information or add your email address above!
Below were some popular posts we’ve kept alive from the old Smarthosts community:
- Analysis of Booking.com’s conversion strategy & how to use similar techniques to dramatically increase bookings
- 4 Affordable Cleaning Robots for Vacation Rental Companies
- 5 reasons why great bedding will improve your guest experience [15% discount included]
- 6 Simple Tips for A Better Guest Experience
- Ways to Ensure an Eye-Catching Vacation Rental Listing
- What would a 10-star check-in experience look like? And why you should care
- It’s Time To Decentralize Airbnb & Loyalty – The Age of Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies
- 10 Beautiful Eco-Friendly Airbnb’s & Holiday Rentals for your Inspiration
- Vacation Rental Market Growth: Eye-Watering Projections
- How Technology Has Forever Altered Vacation Time
- Anyone else thinking about how artificial intelligence is going to affect their business?
- How To Claim The Airbnb Host Guarantee ($1m Host Protection Insurance)
- Listing Sites – Where are my Bookings and what can I do?
- The Last 5 Years of Vacation Rental Industry Growth
- How To Make Your Vacation Rental Pet-Friendly: The Ultimate Pet Proofing Guide
- Holiday Rental Branding: A Guide To Mission Statements & Mantras
- 47 golden nuggets from the VRWS to increase bookings, save time & be better a better host / manager
- Exactly How Important Are Mobile Bookings For Vacation Rentals?
- Being able to decline bookings is important – here’s a little trick
- Sell The Lifestyle: Social Media and Lifestyle Brand Marketing for Vacation Rentals
- Is Your Vacation Rental Content as SEO-Friendly as possible?
- Facebook’s New Ads for Travel: This Could Be Big News For Vacation Rental PPC
- Embrace change…
- Is social re-marketing an effective marketing tool for owners & managers?
- Increase Bookings With Practical Immersive 3D Plans And Tours
- Airbnb’s getting A LOT of negative comments on a popular tech forum. Here’s what people are saying…